torsdag 24 mars 2011

Billy Hornsby 1949-2011


Yesterday was a sad day in many ways. I spent the day at the hospital with one of my dear friends and leaders in my church Peter Collén who just had recieved the news that the doctors could do nothing more for his cancer and the he now just have weeks to live (we are praying and hoping that that report will change!!). The same day another man of God stepped over the threshold of heaven as a consequence of cancer; Billy Hornsby.
Billy Hornsby was a great man of God and the architect behind the great success of ARC! Everyone who knew Billy loved him dearly and spoke only highly about him. He was extremely generous and accessible.
I only met him and never got to know him personally. But he had an impact on people. So also on me!
The loss of Billy is a great loss to the body of Christ. But when I saw the ten years anniversary and the "tribute to Billy" at Church of the Highlands I was amazed over the way that Billy could end his life! He did it a like a true general, apostle and man of God!

Thank you Billy, your legacy will live on!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar