fredag 4 mars 2011

It really does not matter how much you do for Him if you don't spend time with Him!

Everyone that has children has most likely gotten the same revelation on the Fathers love. Its just something that strikes you when your overwhelming love for your children hits you over and over again. And through that experience we can get a little idea of how God must feel towards us. Today I left my oldest daughter at the church and my youngest daughter got me for herself. Non of her toys or stuff is interesting when she gets to be with me without her sister or mother or anything els for that matter. Its just her and me. That time is so precious its like there is a bond that builds in those moments that never can be build any other way. The love that flows and are given and taken.. its magical! When I look into her eyes I feel like time stops and that if I just get to spend time with my children nothing else matter. They are my everything and that this moment we now have with each other is the most precious time in the world!
Again it strikes me that our personal time with God must be the same for God our Father. How important it is to get that quality time when all our toys (you guys know what I'm talking about) is not interesting. But we just want to spend time with our heavenly Dad.
I don't compromise on my prayer time. But it is something different when it comes to the time you just spend with God. No agenda, no prayer request, no hurry and no worry. Just you enjoying the presence of God. And Him enjoying you just giving your quality time.
Sometimes when you are in ministry your are so busy doing Gods business that you forget to spend time with Him. Now I have my iPhone and my iPad and I constantly communicating with my co-pastors, workers and leaders etc.. I am constantly on the go and fighting the short 24 hours we have to work with. But in all this my relationship with my children will become unsound if the quality time is not prioritized and spent. Same with God... If we don't get the quality time with God our relationship with Him will become unsound. It really does not matter how much you do for him if you don't spend time with him!
When we spend time with God we can go through any thing. Whatever comes against you, in His presence all of those things get very small and unimportant. The perspective of eternity and our Fathers total love just makes everything else fade away. If the whole world would fall apart it will not matter, for I am in my Fathers safe and loving hands, looking i presence nto His eyes, forgetting time, enjoying His! Thats powerful!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar