tisdag 15 mars 2011

Planting in Gothenburg

Last saturday we finally launched the plans of planting a new church in Gothenburg (Göteborg) to KCV, our church here in Stenungsund. The response has been amazing and I feel so excited to be able to start working on the launch team openly now. I have carried the dream of planting a church in Gothenburg since 1993 so the waiting has been long. But on the other hand its well prayed through :-)
When I was in Kenya, Africa for the very first time in 1993 with my wife and her family (we where not married at that time) God spoke to me about Gothenburg. It was very early in the morning when I walked out to pray about me and Ann-Margréths future. Ann-Margréths father had been murdered on the mission field and now I was asking God if He wanted us to move out to Kenya and Maasai land to finnish what he started. That morning I was standing there watching the blood red sun rise over the amazing landscape, and asking God if He wanted me to work in Africa, when I suddenly was struck with a vision or a dream. I can honestly say that during my 20 years in ministry I have never before or after had a vision so strong, real and impacting as this. I saw my self standing in front of a huge audience in a church in Gothenburg. I instantly knew that this was my church and I was the pastor. By that time I belonged to a church in Gothenburg and I loved my pastor John Brandström who was my spiritual dad in many ways! I looked around in my dream for pastor John but he was nowhere. So I had a hard time receiving the dream since I never wanted to do anything on my own or that pastor John was not a part of. But the dream was so real that it has been following me since that day. I do not think that there has been a single day during these 18 years that I have not been reminded to pray for the vision that God laid in my heart that day in Kenya. (By the way. Pastor John tragically died of Cancers a some years ago).
Today I can see how God has taken us on a journey preparing for this day. The years in Africa working in the bush learning to be content with the simple things. Our time in Mombasa in the revival working with a mega church of 25'000 members, getting faith for the big. Training pastor and learders in Africa. Working 9 years with pastor Ulf Ekman in Word of Life learning excellence and order, but also seeing real break through anointing in action! And now the last six years in Stenungsund building the church were we now are! It has been an amazing journey with so many bits and peaces all coming together to prepare for something we believe is going to be absolutely awesome!
Our dream has always been to see a big church in Gothenburg. That we now can plant this church with ARC behind us is amazing. We believe that the same DNA and anointing that is over the ARC churches in the US is going to be multiplied here in Europe. ARC has become known for the fastest growing churches in US, so thats what we are aiming for here in Sweden too:-)!!
Behind us we have pastor Matt and Martha Fry, C3 church in Clayton, NC . They have a huge heart for Gothenburg and has made it one of their main focuses for this year! I am going over to C3 church next week to spend ten days there before the All Access Conference in Baton Rouge. We know some more ARC churches that will jump onboard to see an amazing start here in Gothenburg.

Our goal is to launch the 11 of november this year. Pray for us that we get the launching team together and that all preparations goes according to the plans. We will post the progression as we go along here on the blog!

Here are some good links with info on the city of Gothenburg:
http://www.ilovegoteborg.se/default_en.asp
http://www.goteborg.com/en/
http://www.visitsweden.com/sweden/Regions--Cities/Gothenburg/





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar